Our Projects > Old Katy Post Office



Show Full Size Old Katy Post Office BEFORE Katy Heritage Society efforts

The Old Katy Post Office

This post office was built sometime before 1920. In 1922, it became the fourth post office for the City of Katy. Prior to that time the post office had been located in various stores but in 1922 it was moved to this small building located on Second St. near Ave. B. The building has also been used as a private residence, a jewelry store, a grocery store and for storage. It was given to the Katy Heritage Society in 1995 by Fred and Roberta Rylander and moved to park property on East Avenue. It was moved to Katy Heritage Park in 2003. The post office building also holds the original printing press for the Brookshire Times newspaper.
© 2017 Katy Heritage